Friday, January 19, 2018

More Derrick...

Yeah, so many details.

Today I formed the swivel mechanism and traveling block.  Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?   I have no idea, but I am trying to construct a realistic derrick, so...

Here we go.  Made 'em out of cardboard, glued 'em together, separated by another tiny cardboard so that I can thread the crown block line through it.

I need to paint it.  Then I'll figure the next step.

Mindfulness-wise...  I found myself getting VERY AGITATED AND IMPATIENT as I considered the many, many, MANY objects, details, layers, interactions, complications of this derrick.

A good exercise in mindfulness jumped into my lap.

Any task can be approached in steps, with patience, breathing, relaxation, and acceptance of the present.  Yep.  It worked.  

There can be peace and beauty in complexity.







No comments:

Post a Comment