Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Apparel Rack/Shelf

I had an inquiry and a request for close-ups... here ya go.  Four photos and some notes.

1. The apparel sits against the back right corner.

2. The shelf is made out of a few sizes of craft sticks, painted brown.  Nearby are signage, bike rack        and bike, stool.

3.  Top shelf - catalog... more on this in the final picture.
      Next down - helmets.  Made these out of sculpey bakeable clay, painted with acrylics.  Glued on         some tiny straps and laces made out of paper.
      Next - gloves.  I just drew them and magic-markered them, cut them out and glued them down.
      Next shelf down - shorts, again just drawn, colored, cut out, gled down.
      Last - jerseys, drawn, cut out, and FOLDED for some extra dimension and realism.
      On the floor - a few pairs of shoes, made of sculpey and painted with more acrylics.

4. Back to the catalog.  I wanted a look of graphic precision, so I found a vintage cyclist
    image online and pasted that into a Paint document, on which I picked some nice Paint fonts and
    added the words.  I glued it like a cover, on a "stack" of paper squares I had cut out and glued             together, for the look of a book.
    A catalog was important, because I didn't have the space or inclination to include an array of
    clothes, so I just figured Cycle Guy could order stuff on demand!












No comments:

Post a Comment