Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Egret Spirit (Choctaw Chukka denizen)

While the new Oil Well structure continues to vex me, let me loop back to my favorite element of the Choctaw (Native American) chukka  (dwelling).

I have read that these people considered birds in general to be a lofty and sacred creation, since they could fly up into the presence of high spirits.  In particular, the Great Egret was the most revered.  They used its image frequently.  So I included a hide-painting.
Annnnnnnd... photos...

1.  The bird...   Casmerodius albus.
2.  The chukka (full details and photos below in original post).
3. The interior wall where I hung the egret hide-painting.
4. Close-up.

I love the ideas, images, and inspirations associated with the egret.  

I have a quirky habit of looking for "signs" from the "Spirit World"... I know, I know... but it's what I do.  On the way home from my grandmother's funeral, I was looking.  And looking.  All I saw was a pretty egret on the side of the road (in rural Texas).

Now, years later, after reading about the egret, and its meaning, well...  you can imagine the lift in my spirits.









No comments:

Post a Comment