Sunday, January 21, 2018

Derrick... more Swivel and Traveling Block

So many interesting new words!  Swivel, traveling block, etc., etc.
And I still have the Kelly, hose, standpipe, and turntable to go...

Anyway, I painted the connected swivel and block mechanisms black.  Still much detail to do on them, but that's the base coat. 

The silver cord was pretty, and really looked nicely like steel reeling, but it just showed too many imperfections (by contrast with the black paint)  on the swivel and block construction, so I decided to go with black cord instead.

I'll need to shape the cord with a realistic drape,  and then hang the whole thing.

Photo one is a view of the derrick (Gail Town in background).
Photo two is the joined mechanism, with a sketch of how I'll need to arrange it and hang it.
Photo three is a schematic of the area.

So soothing.  Who has time for worry when you're figuring out how to make an oil derrick for your town??????/




No comments:

Post a Comment