Saturday, December 2, 2017

I've spent a couple  of days thinking and planning the Gazebo.

I'm just not getting it right, but I'll take my time.  Here's why.

As I mentioned in my very first post (manifesto!), it's critical to choose structures, designs, and special touches that are very special to YOU.  Not just pieces that are pretty... or impressive... or consistent with a theme or décor style or timeframe... or easily do-able.

The scene, and everything in it needs to reach out to YOU in a personal and very meaningful way.  When you're out and about, and needing a few moments' retreat and mindful refreshment in your miniature environment, authenticity and personal meaning is absolutely necessary to help you make maximum use of the miniature and everything in and around it.

This can be a new concept!  You're not looking for perfect vintage reproductions... or exact proportions... or classic color schemes.  It's all about YOU.  There are plenty of times and places to be focused on others and their welfare or concerns.  But this is about you.

As you construct your miniature, you need to be constantly on the watch, asking yourself how to make things just right for yourself.  What's your favorite color?  How about making that pillow that very color?  Are you looking for a chair or seat?  Don't stop until you make one or find one that would be your perfect comfort.  Are you setting out some snacks?  Now is not the time to count calories!

Speaking of snacks... in my Gallery, on the red table, you'll see a fast-food bag, a drink, and some napkins.  You'll never guess, so I'll just tell you.  That's a bag of nachos from my favorite taco stand way back in New Mexico... the drink?  It's a Coke... the real thing.  See the little water drops rolling down the Styrofoam?

Construction notes.  I made it all out of paper, using regular glue.  The napkins are cut out of actual fast-food napkins.

It matters.  A good visualization or meditation or guided imagery journey makes use of all your senses.  That bag of nachos gets very real to me.  Mindfulness is in the bag, baby.




No comments:

Post a Comment