Saturday, December 16, 2017

The Gazebo... supporting poles (floor to roof)

Back to the gazebo...
The poles!
I bought a 36 inch dowel and cut it into six 6-inch pieces to serve as the six poles linking my hexagonal base with the roof... why hexagon?  That just happened to be the shape of the original papier mache box lids that made the base!  Turns out dowels usually come in 3 foot lengths (at Michael's, anyway) so I picked a diameter that worked, and dividing 36 by 6 was easiest, AND it made for a nice height, so... there ya go.
I had known  I'd need poles, so I left some spaces at the sectional corners.  It worked out, and the poles fit.  I painted them white in two stages, to make handling and gluing easy.
I like it!
I'm still not gluing the gazebo down.
It was only slightly tricky to get the poles to glue upright at the same angles, but it's okay... close enough.
I have no idea what the roof will be. 
This is how we do things in Gail Town.  One inspiration at a time...





No comments:

Post a Comment