Sunday, December 3, 2017

Budgiraptor
("Budgie-raptor")

I've had a pet parrot for 33 years now, so I wanted a companion bird for Gail Town... I wanted him to have full access to the place, just like the little red mutt who's relaxing by the front door of the cycle shop.  But parrots are prey animals, and I didn't want my little friend to have to worry about eagles, falcons, hawks or owls. Yes, that's how serious and literal I am about my miniature denizens!  So I had to invent a bird that could take care of itself
It's part Budgerigar and part hawk... a Budgiraptor.  Here he is in his role as ambassador to Gail Town,  proprietarily perched on the sign.  



I love him!  In my last post, I was emphasizing the extreme importance of making your mindful miniatures personal, meaningful, and evocative.  This little guy will really help me out.


No comments:

Post a Comment