Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Gazebo Decor

Rosie, the weather vane is still percolating in my mind.

Meanwhile...

Sometimes things happen fast.  I had a day to myslf, so I did a bunch of stuff for gazebo decor.

Three trays... fruits, a flower in a vase, and a big loaf of French bread.  The trays are paper, colored with pencils, and the fruit, bread, and flowers are Sculpey (the moldable, bakeable clay stuff you can buy just about anywhere).  The vase is a clear plastic straw, cut and then filled halfway with clear Elmer's Glue to simulate water... love that stuff.

The little lights are  decorative "luminarias"... common out West... little paper bags with candles inside.  These are made of paper, colored with magic markers and pencils, cut, folded, glued down.

The guitar and sombrero... again, drawn with magic markers and pencils, on cardboard, cut out, glued in place. 

The whiskey (Tequila) jug is also Sculpey, painted with acrylics.

I glued the gazebo down onto the cobblestone foundation, but I left the roof off for ease of adding whatever additional decor I dream up.

If you'd like any additional directions on the individual projects, just message me.   :)








No comments:

Post a Comment