Thursday, November 30, 2017


Next step, working from my "blueprint" below...

     I cut two pieces of recycled package cardboard... one for the larger plaza and one for the smaller gazebo.

     Next, I textured the plaza terrain with sand (see my "recipe" below). 

     Then I decided to add texture  to resemble pavers to the plaza. My secret? GLUE! Using regular old Elmer's, I "drew" oblong pavers in a staggered pattern, letting it dry, then building it up again until I had thick-looking slabs. Then  I painted them gray using acrylic paint... a light scrape/scrub with a lighter gray and it really took on a great look. Finally, a little white "mortar" between them, using off-white acrylic paint.
Cobblestones on the gazebo platform?  Same thing... fat plops of glue, dry/repeat unti you have thick stones, then paint. 




     Here are the gazebo foundation works... they're two tops to little gift boxes. The larger one will be mounted on top of the smaller one, so that the littler one can serve as a lifted foundation.  I'm not gluing anything yet because I have a lot of decisions to make first.  The upper box-top will face up so that I can use the sides for support as I construct the gazebo's sides and eventually the top.  This is only the most basic idea for a foundation and floor.  What am I gonna do about stairs?  Carve some styrofoam? Stack some little blocks?  Sculpie? Folded cardboard? 




No comments:

Post a Comment