Friday, March 30, 2018

Landscaping Gailtown Arms

While I'm procrastinating about doing the doors and windows, I'm playing with landscaping.

I added a flowerbed along the sidewalk and put some shrubs in... let's call them Boxwoods and Burning Bushes.  The "dirt" is just more painted cardboard, and the bushes are crumpled bits of paper, coated in glue and then dipped/rolled/covered with stuff I  foraged in my husband's spice rack --- tarragon leaves (green) and chile pepper flakes (red), and then fixed with hairspray(my go-to finisher for such stuff).

The potted plant at left is a small toothpaste top (what would we do without those??) with brown paint as dirt and a few tiny sprigs of something I found in the yard last summer; saved 'em because I thought they looked like some sort of flowering plant stalks. I added some touches of yellow acrylic, which prompted my husband to wonder why anybody would pot goldenrods... *sigh*

I won't glue all buildings in place until I have doors and windows finished and installed.  Neither are the shrubs or... goldenrods... glued in place yet.






No comments:

Post a Comment